Maintenance Engineer (Mechatronics) Apprentice
Wellington Road, Burton-on-Trent
BRIEF OVERVIEW OF THE ROLE
You will be responsible for the maintenance of electrical, mechanical, and robotic systems and machines and other equipment, ensuring safety and operational needs are met at all times. You will work towards a Level 3 Engineering Technician apprenticeship standard.
Main duties will include:
- Work to PPM schedule in line with manufacturers guidelines and safety and operational needs
- Troubleshooting and resolving repair issues with plant and equipment
- Be part of the site maintenance emergency response team
- Monitoring the condition of plant and equipment, making recommendations for improvements, and adjusting PPM schedules to minimise unplanned downtime
- Contacting, liaising with, working with external contractors when necessary; representing the company at all times to ensure the work is completed to specification
- General maintenance of property and grounds including but not limited to electrical work (within qualifications) and plumbing, gardening tasks and painting Sourcing own materials, contacting suppliers, raising purchase order requests
- Undertaking risk assessments as required Monitoring stock levels of spares, tools, and equipment PAT testing of all electrical equipment and maintenance of a PAT testing schedule
- Adheres to QHSE and other company policies and procedures
This list is not exhaustive. The post holder is expected to support the needs of the business by undertaking any task as requested by management. Full training is provided for all aspects of this role.
- Good communication skills
- Good practical skills
- Committed – takes responsibility for delivery, results, and performance, is willing to go the extra mile and is able to plan and organise own workload in an efficient and timely way
- Innovative – is solutions-orientated and sees possibilities, is willing to share knowledge with other people, takes initiative for personal development and the development of the company, supports your customer to develop
- Team spirit – collaborates with others in a respectful way, acts in the best interests of the company, creates results through your drive and determination, enjoys a challenge and overcoming challenges with a team
- Spreads joy and shares knowledge – is able to work in a team and share knowledge with others, enjoys work and the challenge of work
- Able to demonstrate they have an interest in ‘how things work’ and maintenance of electronic, mechanical, and robotic systems
GCSEs at grades C/4 or above (or equivalent) in maths and English.
There is a possibility of permanent employment upon successful completion of your apprenticeship.
Days and shifts to be confirmed.
Apprenticeship minimum to start
TRAINING TO BE PROVIDED
Level 3 Engineering Technician – Mechatronics pathway apprenticeship standard, which includes:
- Level 2 Functional Skills in maths and English (if required)
- End-Point Assessment (EPA)
THINGS TO CONSIDER
Please carefully consider how you will get to work each day.
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply through Buxton and Leek College